Saturday, February 23, 2008

Carter Medina is Here!

Being an aunt is one of my favorite roles to play. When Trisha and Mark adopted Gavin last year, my siblings and I were submerged into the wonderful world of auntdom and uncledom. And last night we were blessed with a second nephew: Carter Lee Schelden Medina.

Carter was born by c-section at 11:19 PM on February 22nd and weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz.
Carter and his mommy are both doing very well, although they looked like they could use some good rest.
His skin was very red (except his feet which were purple), so I'm thinking of calling him "Edom" just for kicks. :-) Look at those toes!

When Gavin got his first glimpse of his baby brother, he was asked "How many fingers do you think your brother has?" "Ummm....I think four," he replied matter-of-factly, "Because I have five and I'm big!" Later on, we were commenting on how Carter's face looked a little like his mom's. Mark said, "Oh yeah, I guess I can see Trisha in his chin." Gavin looked up and said reassuredly, "I think his chin will get cute."

_______________________________________________
* If you'd like to see more pictures of Baby Carter, check out my photo site at http://picasaweb.google.com/TruShoe/BabyCarterMedina.
_______________________________________________

2 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Love the comments from Big brother. Kids say the cutest things...I love how simple life is in their minds. I am older therefore I have more fingers :-)
Congrats!

Terra said...

Thanks for the post, Kris!!!! I was so excited to see the photos (on your photo site too) since I feel so very far away from all the excitement!! What a blessed little boy Carter is to be born into your family and to have Gavin as a big brother! I look so forward to watching them grow over the years!
love you,
Tee