Friday, August 22, 2008

I Get By with A Little Help from My Friends

I'm a notorious underestimater. If I say it'll take me ten minutes to get ready, I'll be ready in twenty. It takes 2 hours and 20 minutes to get Pacific City, but I always say it will take 2. How tall is my baby sister? Oh...about 4'10" (actually she's 5'2.5"). I'll try on this size--oops I'm not that small. And of course, I always underestimate any task I'm going to undertake. Like in December, I was convinced I could pack up my entire apartment in 12-14 hours. Ha! Try 30ish.

So today I was going to paint the interior walls of my new house. Yes, all the walls. I was smart enough to realize that I needed help, but I figured between Eric, Tracy, Mindy, Andrew and I, we could get it done in 6 or 7 hours. Again, HA! We painted from 1pm until 1am, and we still have 3-1/2 rooms left to paint! And that was with Amber and Zachary helping for a few hours as well. I knew this was going to be a big job--but I completely underestimated how big.

So, after a loooong day of painting today, and looking forward to day of painting tomorrow, followed by a moving day on Saturday, I'm so thankful for my friends and family and their willingness to help me get this stuff done. I seriously could not get it done without them. Thank you guys so much!

No comments: