Monday, September 1, 2008

She's Here!

Yesterday we moved my grandma into my house. Now there are two people half-unpacked here. heh heh. (I decided I hate unpacking almost as much as I hate dusting.) But I'm so thankful that five months after we made the decision to move forward with this plan, it's finally begun!

Today we both slept in, and then we got her ready for the day. Since she eats very slowly, I finish way before. She doesn't read so well anymore, so I'm going to read the Bible to her after I'm done and while she's still eating.

After that I told her we should check some of our relative's blogs. I went to my bedroom and came back into the dining room carrying my laptop. "Do you call that contraption a blog?" Gram asked me.

"Ahh, no...this is a computer. But we use it to look at blogs." My grandma has a very vague sense of what the internet is, and so she looked on in amazement as I popped up one of my cousin's blogs. I magnified the window to 200% so that she could see the pictures better, and read the last few entries of the blog.

"That's so nice," she said as we left a comment, "so they see our note the next time they look at it?" Yay! She's getting it! Then we read another blog. And another. The third one had a video clip of my cousin's baby boy playing with his daddy. Gram and I both laughed as we listened to his adorable giggle. Then we watched another 10-minute video that was in the blog. "It's amazing what they can do these days!" she exclaimed. As I shut the laptop she admitted, "I can see why you guys get so attached to those things--computers."

I was pretty happy with her response. :-) It's been a great first day.

2 comments:

Terra said...

Yay! I'm so glad that Grammy is moved in!! I wish so badly that I could be there and help with the unpacking! I loved getting moved into a new place!

And thank you for my comments from both you and Grandma - I loved them!!
Tell Grandma I love her and I'm glad she enjoyed the family photos... welcome her to the world of the web!

Alright - I love you both and can't wait to see you and your new home on our next visit!

love,
Terra

ennetws said...

Thats so cute :)

...also explains my life style :P